Affiliate Members of the
Archaeological Society of New Mexico.
The Archaeological Society of New Mexico (ASNM) is a statewide organization that encourages the study and preservation of New Mexico’s multicultural heritage. It achieves this purpose largely through a network of affiliated archaeological societies throughout New Mexico and bordering states that share similar values and goals.
Affiliate membership helps local societies to:
- Obtain a bigger picture of the diverse geographical and archaeological landscape of New Mexico and surrounding states,
- Share in the expertise and camaraderie of a larger pool of professionals and avocationalists,
- Participate in the benefits of the Rock Art Council,
- Participate in the benefits of the Certification Program,
- Participate in the social and educational benefits of the annual meeting,
- Contribute to, and receive access to, the annual volume, special publications, and quarterly La Jornada newsletter.
Responsibilities of affiliate members are described in ASNM Bylaws Article II, Section 6.