Membership in the Rock Art Council is open and inclusive. All individuals and organizations engaged in the study and recording of rock art within New Mexico and the adjacent regions are encouraged to join the Rock Art Council.
The only requirements for membership are approval by the Archaeological Society of New Mexico’s Board of Trustees and membership in the Archaeological Society of New Mexico.
If you are interested in participating with the Rock Art Council, please contact us and tell us about your rock art recording activities:
Every effort will be made to conduct as much of the Rock Art Council’s business by email as is possible. This approach will be used so that all areas of the state and adjacent regions can work together with minimal travel.
Most business of the Rock Art Council will be conducted using email as a virtual meeting. There will be periodic physical meetings as deemed necessary by the group and our bylaws.
- Physical meeting of July 9, 2009 in Albuquerque, NM
- Adding New Design Elements to the Catalog August 29, 2009
- Physical meeting of April 30, 2010 in Santa Fe, NM
- Physical meeting of April 29, 2011 in Las Cruces, NM
- Physical meeting of April 20, 2012 in Morarity, NM
- Physical meeting of May 3, 2013 in Albuquerque, NM
- Physical meeting of April 11, 2014 in Silver City, NM